How to Build a Hundred-Year-Old Family Business
31st October 2018, 18:00 - 20:30
Event Venue: London, Venue TBC
At this event Dennis Jaffe, Professor Emeritus at Saybrook University in San Francisco, will be sharing the findings of his research on the key characteristics of successful family enterprises.
The aim of the event is to celebrate family businesses and their achievements. Dennis Jaffe, through a short presentation, will share the fascinating findings from his study ‘Good Fortune: Building a Hundred-Year-Old Family’ and highlight the key characteristics of successful family enterprises. His presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with family business leaders, who will be sharing their personal stories and experiences of transitioning and growing their business through the generations.
The discussion will look at the difficulties these family businesses faced at different stages of their journeys as well as the strategies they employed to respond to challenging times. Key themes will be explored in the session, including family business purpose and values; continual adaptation and resiliency; governance; innovation; next generation.
At this event you will:
- Identify the key qualities that all successful family businesses share
- Understand the challenges that emerge in each generation
- Strategies for building a family business that can thrive over the generations
- Hear from successful family business leaders
- 5.30pm Welcome & Registration
- 6.00pm Intro & scene setting by IFB
- 6.10pm Presentation by Dennis Jaffe
- 6.30pm Panel discussion facilitated by Dennis Jaffe and Q&A
- 7.30pm Drinks and nibbles
- 8.30pm Close
- Register Interest